Monday, June 1, 2009

Inspiration; British Modernist, Patrick Heron
















Patrick Heron is one of Britain's leading modernist artists, known for his use of color and organic forms. I find his work to be very happy--I would definately like to live with some of his art on my walls. Like so many of the British artists I like, he lived and painted on the coast of England near St. Ives, Cornwall. You can read more about him at Art Cornwall. To see more of his work, go to the Tate, the Austin Desmond Gallery, London, or the Hackman Freedman Gallery in San Francisco.

2 comments:

  1. Hi....I too love the work of Patrick Heron.....and came to your site through that. Then I followed links, first to Wabi Sabi which I find fascinating, then to the rest of your site and really liked it......specially the architecture bits ( being an architect myself). Keep it up.....nice to come across someone with such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, Nice to hear from you, and thanks for your comments. Yes, Patrick Heron is one of my favorites--
    May need to include more architecture, my nephew is one too--
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete